For the hundreds of thousands of college students all over the country, a portable laptop is a basic necessity. With the continued inconvenience of the desktop version, laptops and ultrabooks have taken the market by storm. Each student absolutely has to have one at all times to ensure their school work is made easy.
As is with all technological devices, shopping for the best laptop for college students, a host of factors come to play. Key among them is the intended purpose, when shopping for a laptop; the student should have the applicability of the device to their daily routines. By this, all students choose laptops after careful consideration of some basic key factors. They are as follows; performance, battery life, portability and price.
As we have reviewed many laptops in the past, and we also have been visiting college, so we know what a student needs and we know where to find it. Here are just few of our suggestions for best laptops of 2013, make sure to browse our blog for more.
HP ENVY 6-1010 Sleekbook 15.6″ (Black Version) Laptop
User Friendly, Nice Design, Fun To Use
When HP Sleekbook was first released on July 8, 2012, it seemed to be a great portable device for everyone – and it is! The HP Envy Sleekbook is perfect laptop for college and school, as it is lightweight and powerful. Let’s start by saying that it has 15.6″ display size with resolution of 1366X768 pixels. Compared to its competitors, the Sleekbook is leading with its price of around $600, so we can say that it is a budget laptop.
Usually such portable laptops are not that good at performance, but we can say that the HP Envy Sleekbook is doing pretty well, because it has a dual-core AMD processor at 2.6GHz and is equipped with the external graphics card AMD Radeon HD 7500 G with 2GB memory.
HP Envy Sleekbook comes with useful and interesting multimedia software for your everyday purposes, such as office tools, fun webcam software and Beats sound software.
We consider this laptop as one of the best ones for college students, because:
- It is portable and you can easily carry it around at school and classes.
- It has a nice, elegant design. The keyboard is easy to use, with just a little clicking noise.
- It is equipped with an external graphics card and a dual-core AMD processor, so you will be able to run heavier processes. You can even play games on this thin machine.
- Setting up this laptop is pleasure.
ASUS N56VM-AB71 – 15.6″ FULL HD LED
Perfect costs at a price – everything you want in a laptop.
If you are looking for a laptop with high specifications on a fair price – the ASUS N56VM-AB71 may be the best laptop for your college life. This new-generation 2012 laptop has almost every new feature that you can meet nowadays. Let’s start by saying that the resolution of this 15.6″ machine is 1080p FULL HD, supported by 2GB Nvidia GT 630M.
Another great part of this laptop is the 750GB, 7200RPM HDD, which means faster transfer and file reading.
To recap, with the ASUS, you are getting:
- A Full HD LED screen, which makes watching movies, or even just looking at the screen a pleasure.
- A high-performance Intel Core i7 processor, which makes multitasking easier, plus an external 2GB video card with HDMI output.
- Instant-on technology, making sure you never have to wait again when waking up your computer from sleep or hibernate mode.
- Premium sound speakers with an external subwoofer.
- Long battery life – Asus laptops come with a special battery saving software installed.
- Perfect for gaming, portable, high-end performance laptop.
Acer Aspire S3-391-6899 – 13.3″ (Champagne color) Ultrabook
Are you a college student who wants something thinner and smaller? Something that is as small as A4 paper? Well, sure there are a lot of options for you, but the hottest one we consider is Acer.
Released July 2012, the Acer Aspire S3 13.3-Inch Ultrabook has an attractive, business-looking “Champagne” color. There are many features to highlight…
- Equipped with Second generation Intel Core i3 and 4GB of RAM, which are ideal for running multiple processes at the same time, browsing the Internet, streaming, using software such as Photoshop or any other Adobe products, Microsoft Office.
- High quality HD Webcam (1280 x 1024), HDMI output, USB 3.0 Ports, Lithium polymer Battery (for longer life up to 6 hours).
You can purchase the new Acer Aspire ultrabook at a discounted price of $650.99, which is fairly low for a quality, laptop for college.
If you want to play the latest games on high graphics performance, you should go with the Asus one. But if you want your laptop to be easier to carry around, choose the 14″ Acer.
If the price is not that important when making your choice, and you definitely want a luxury laptop, you should go with a Sony VAIO model.
There are also A LOT of other models, we’re just trying to give you a clearer idea which is the best one for college students.