A new generation of laptops for students was presented recently – Series Classmate+, which are characterized by improved strength and durability, affordability and long battery life
Lenovo announced the second-generation laptops for students Classmate + as new models are offered in both traditional laptop form and in a version of tablet.
The new proposals are suitable for students, teachers and IT administrators.
Classmate + series offers additional practical features thanks to the software package Intel Learning Series, which includes reader, webcam, features for digital writing and more.
As the No. 1 manufacturer of computers for students, we encourage learning through new technologies. Lenovo created new laptops Lenovo Classmate + Clamshell and Classmate + Convertible in partnership with Intel. Together we proved that laptops fit perfectly into the school environment, regardless of location and budget that can be allocated to them.
said Michael Shmedlen, director of educational products to Lenovo.
Lenovo Classmate+ will be your mate
- The new Classmate + laptops by Lenovo are designed in a way that makes them more durable in use by students.
- The keyboard is water resistance, furthered and reinforced corners steel hinge.
- Special attention is paid to the output power cord, and 10.1-inch screen with antiglare display.
- Convertible model features a capacitive touch screen with a digital pen and an opportunity for high brightness and high resolution.
- Laptops are equipped with everything necessary for students to do their basic studies – processor Intel Atom N2600, up to 2 GB DDR3 memory and hard drive capacity to 320 GB or 32 GB SSD.
- 6-cell battery allows active use of the laptop up to 10 hours, which actually makes it usable throughout the day.
- The model has 3 USB ports, VGA, and the ability to add HDMI connector for data transmission with standard monitor or high definition TV.
- The new Classmate + are equipped with a webcam with a resolution of 2 megapixels.
- All models are available in gray, but have the ability to customize.
We are pleased that Lenovo will expand its portfolio of products that use the Intel Learning Series, and that schools from all over the world can benefit from this production line specifically for e-learning.
Said Dr. Wayne Grant, EMPG Director research and planning at Intel Corporation.
Furthermore, the model Lenovo Classmate + Convertible features a reinforced swivel hinge designed to withstand thousands of cycles of rotation. The computer is equipped with special hardware button, which makes scrolling electronic books a snap. There is also an opportunity to build a module for the protection of passwords and electronic certificates from malicious attacks and physical theft.
The software package Intel Learning Series offers students everything needed for their regular education.
Since the launch of the Intel Learning Series platform to date, worldwide there are more than 6 million such computers using the Intel’s platform. The project Learning Series has over 500 members from 70 countries.
Lenovo Classmate+ Release Date and Price
Lenovo Classmate + Convertible will be presented at educational and government organizations in January 2012. The price of Lenovo Classmate + Convertible will vary according to tax legislation and configurations for the certain model.